Founded in 1910, St. Philip parish has tried to serve the spiritual needs of Catholics and others of eastern Campbell County for close to one hundred years. Parishioners pride themselves for living their faith, maintaining an elementary school and other religious education programs, offering a place where people can also gather to socialize and work on projects both for the parish and for the county. "Stewardship" as a perspective through which they value their faith is readily seen in the way they give their "time, talent, and treasure."
The Church has overlooked U.S. Route #8 for over one hundred years. "Living stones," the people of God, have kept the "brick and mortar" in shape over the years.
Laying of the Corner Stone for St. Philip Church November 1908
St. Philip Church Alter 1910
August 1912 the new residence was ready for occupancy
St. Philip School 1922
1937—The Great Flood at St. Philip
Bill Twehues and Joan Twehues-Schultz in front of St. Philip Church 1952
Monsignor John V. Hegenauer and First Special Ministers of Holy Communion Late 1970's
Building of St. Philip Parish Center 2002
St. Philip Church 75th Jubilee